Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Welcome back, Mrs. Hippo-Girl!

Soooooo I'm back. With a Husband. Thats right, we got all married and stuff. Now we cook dinner every night and I make lunches to take to work too. Now we have all sorts of fancy kitchenwares (like le cruset pots) and nice dishes (www.debbyseguradesigns.com) and I have a hot new job that involves lots of biology-type stuff.
Last night I made Cannelini Beans with Mustard Greens
1 Chopped Shallot
1 can small Cannelini Beans
2 large handfuls torn mustard greens
olive oil
salt pepper and a bay leaf
This, along with some rice and cheese, was dinner and now is work-time lunch.
Might I add that Mustard Greens are greeny and sharp and a wonderful change of pace from kale or bok choy. This is my first time cooking with them and I love them to itty bitty bits.
Also, this recipe was inspired by reading Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero's VEGANOMICON several times before midnight while falling asleep and casting vegetable spells backwards.

5 comments:

David said...

Welcome Back! Are you and Josh going to restart Chakira, too? There is a cholent contest coming up here at Bar-Ilan and I hope to have time to work on something called Choylent Green...

the chocolate doctor מרת שאקאלאד said...

Welcome home, Mrs Hippo-Girl,

I cherish mustard greens. Do you know Viana's recipe for lentils with mustard greens in Verdura? You could serve it to the Czar.

www.ifoods.tv said...

I have just stumbled upon your blog. I love the clean design and fantastic photos. I am a blogger myself and always thought that design was key and you have certainly captured that! There are so many food blogs out there these days and being different to all the others is key. I have just started www.ifoods.tv which is a website for chefs, foodies and food bloggers to hand out, share recipes, photos and videos. When i was blogging I always thought i should be getting more traffic as my blog was getting lost in the masses of stuff out there so my new site is aimed at giving food bloggers and chefs a bigger platform! Hope you enjoy it and keep up the good writing and design here! I have now bookmarked you so will be regular reader, Cheers!

Shmuel said...

Found this by chance- so nice to see you, Miriam!
Your Rebbe from Maimonides!

Unknown said...

Mazel Tov!

Hey - I just stumbled into your site via the blue cheese post in 2007.

If you are really a cheese fan, try www.kosheritalia.com. Cholev Yisroel cheese imported from Europe. The cheese is amazing, really. Like, who knew there could be such a thing as kosher cheese with flavor (and with a cheese texture instead of plastic texture).

Mazel Tov again.