Tuesday, June 19, 2007

CSA Cooking, Part 1


My first CSA pickup this week contained
butter lettuce
red oak leaf lettuce
kale
radishes
scallions
and a tiny plant of lemon basil
I've washed and checked many of these vegetables and placed them in the crisper in ziplocs for safekeeping- and I'm plotting how best to cook/eat these delightful gems.
Tonite, I've made a butter-lettuce and radish salad with a bit of lime, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Now I know why butter lettuce is called butter lettuce- it is, well, buttery-textured/tasting.
So much excited about all the delicious veggytubbles!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

the chocolate doctor מרת שאקאלאד said...

Ah, that butter lettuce is the cat's pajamas! I also like to add sharp contrasting flavors like radishes or mustardy vinaigrettes.

Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

remind me to tell you my chili cholent story :-P