Thursday, July 27, 2006

Succotash Soup

This post is special for LutC who expressed a desire (indirectly) for healthy things. Please, comment all you want, and I'd link you if I could figure out how the darn thing worked.

Succotash Soup

I sliced the kernels off 3 ears of beautiful white corn. I cut an onion into halfmoons and sauteed it in a bit of olive oil, added carrots, zuchhinis, and lima beans. Added water, salt, pepper, and some garlic cloves. Let it stew for a bit. Added the kernels. Cooked for a small while, didnt let the corn get too un-crunchy. Dished up with a bit of low fat greek yogurt and a dash of hot paprika on top. Yummy. I ate the whole pot.

1 comment:

Lut C. said...

Mmm, that sounds yummy.

I'll have to hunt down some of those ingredients. I've never even heard of white corn, just corn in cans or corn on cobs.
And I haven't eaten lima beans in years, but I do like them.

Thanks for the recipe. :-)